Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan have announced their split after nine years of marriage….a bit of a shock to many, this one….
1. No matter how perfect and beautiful something appears, we are all human. Messy, flawed, ugly and complicated.
2. Two people, no matter how perfectly suited, can quite simply grow apart.
3. ‘Perfect on paper’ is a phrase we all us but it says nothing of a person’s ability to compromise, grow, evolve and give. That’s what makes or breaks a long-term relationship.
4. Love is sometimes not enough. Harsh truth.
5. Marriage is about making your commitment bigger and more important than any struggles you may face together. You against the problem, never you against each other.
6. There are times to cling on and there is a time to let go. Knowing the difference is hard, listen to your heart.
7. Sometimes your fairytale can become your nightmare. It is not your failure. It is simply life.
8. Do not fall for the Facebook facade. You may think you’re seeing someone’s life but you are seeing a tiny snippet. Like looking beneath the ocean.
9. You cannot change too much of yourself just to save a relationship. Change certain behaviour yes, never the essence that makes you you. It will never be enough anyway.
10. Love hurts. It shouldn’t but it does. Love more anyway. Love again anyway. Never stop.