It would look something like this…
1. You make the great times amazing and the bad times bearable.
2. You show up for all of the above and that means more than I can say.
3. Many have come and gone in this life, you have only ever stayed.
4. You stood me back up on my feet when I couldn’t find my legs.
5. I talk to you in my head, often. You often reply too.
6. The laughter, oh the laughter. If I could bottle it I would be rich.
7. Time is my nemesis when it comes to you, there is never, ever enough of it to share and it always moves too fast.
8. If you needed me, I would drop anything. No question. I know you would too – in fact you do.
9. No one listens like you do.
10. Time spent with you is like being plugged into the mains for a battery recharge. I swear, you keep me energised in this rollercoaster of a life.
11. I wish for you, ALL the good things life has to bring and if I could bring them to you myself, oh I would.
12. You know so many of my secrets yet you never tell a soul.
13. You love my children with a fierceness that warms my heart.
14. You are ready to defend me at the drop of a hat, no questions asked.
15. Your pain is my pain, if I could take it way for you I would.
16. So much time can pass in our busy lives but nothing between us changes, you put no pressure on me to show up and it makes me want to show up even more.
17. You have never doubted my dreams and you have always believed I could – far more than I have believed in myself.
18. You see the good in me, when I just cannot.
19. You have never let me suffer. Whenever you have seen my light waning, bam, you are there to fix me, like a superhero cheerleader.
20. You have seen all of me, the real me, and you have accepted me just as I am. Is there ever a greater gift one person can give to another? I don’t think so.