1. People may not always remember exactly what you said or did but they will always remember how you made them feel. Be someone who makes others feel good.
2. Your life may not be perfect but let’s face it, no one’s actually is. Embrace what you have, who you have and most of all, who you are. You only get one shot.
3. If a door isn’t opening, try a window. If it still won’t – walk down the path, down the street and up another path you like the look of. There are many ways to happiness.
4. You can’t keep everyone with you but you can make the absolute most of those who still are.
5. People will always try to put you in a box. It’s okay to metaphorically shove that box where the sun won’t shine.
6. You cannot reach for anything new if your hands are full of yesterday’s junk. Drop it.
7. Never judge until you know someone’s story and even then, don’t. Life is hard for us all in different ways, be supportive, be kind – always.
8. Never mind whether the glass is half-full or half-empty – just be grateful you have something in your glass at all. Chin chin…
9. Unscrewing someone else’s lightbulb won’t make yours shine brighter, there is a time for the sun to shine and a time for the moon…we all have our moment.
10. Whatever this year throws at you, you absolutely 100% can handle it. You have been through so much before and come out smiling – think about it. Dig deep, you got this.
Words: Donna Ashworth