1. There are times when you don’t understand me, sometimes I don’t understand myself. Try anyway.
2. If it is important to me, make room for it. That’s how partnerships work – you’ll get the same in return.
3. Listen to me, really listen. It means more than any flowers or romantic gestures could.
4. You have a lot on your mind I know, I do too, more than you realise. Listing it would take too long.
5. You often see only the things I don’t do, look a little more closely and you’ll be amazed at just how much work I put into our life together.
6. There is rarely a moment in any day when I am not thinking about what someone else needs from me, it can be exhausting.
7. I love you, even when I seem completely distant, I still love you.
8. It is not nagging, it is ‘reminding’, call it a free service if you like and stop feeling so hard done by.
9. I like to talk, you know that, but sometimes I don’t know what is wrong in the first place. It’s not always black and white, please just be there and just be patient.
10. Remember, at the end of the day, we were friends first. Yes we have a lot to do as a team and a lot of ‘admin’ to get on with, but we need to remember why we like each other sometimes. It’s important.