10 THINGS MY MOTHER WAS RIGHT ABOUT
1. The grass is always greener on the other side – because it’s probably fake. Comparison steals your joy and is an endless abyss of feeling worthless. Stop it.
2. Be yourself, everyone else is taken. If people do not accept or like you for who you are, then you do not need their approval, they are not your people.
3. Let your past make you better, not bitter. Letting go of your grudges and grievances is the fast-track to a peaceful and joyful life.
4. Unscrewing someone else’s light bulb won’t make yours shine brighter. There is room for everyone to shine as brightly as they dare in this life. Embrace it.
5. If the past calls, don’t answer, it has nothing to offer you now except a lesson learned. Live in the present, not in the past and not in the future. Be here now.
6. Stop and smell the roses along the way. Life is not just about the destination, it’s all about the journey. Enjoy it. Look around, take it in. One day you will want to remember.
7. Write your own story. It will be yours to tell one day and it will matter a lot to the people who love you, they will pass it down for generations to come. Make it a good one.
8. Love is all around. It really is. Remember that above anything life lies about who you love and who loves you. Nothing else matters as much. NOTHING.
9. If the wind changes your face will stay like that – a lifetime of disapproval, criticising and judging, etches itself into your skin and muscle. Laughter lines are a joy to behold.
10. You can’t reach for something new if your hands are full of yesterday’s junk. Put it down. Start each day fresh and open a new page of a new chapter whenever you need to.