HOW TO LIKE YOUR LIFE…
It’s all in your hands ladies…try these simple steps and you may well be amazed at the improvement in your outlook!
1. Convince yourself that things which annoy you, are actually really fun. Your commute, the chores, the filing, the tax return, the school run in the rain… play a little game of ‘make believe’ with yourself – it really does help the tasks become less arduous. Try it before you scoff.
2. Stop comparing and seeing ‘greener grass’. Think about it, if there were no social expectation and if you didn’t have social media envy/ keeping up with The Jones’s syndrome, would you feel far more satisfied with your lot? I think you would. Comparison is the thief of joy.
3. Whenever you feel unfairly dumped on by life, remember this – somewhere, somebody would think their dreams had come true if they could swap places with you. A little dose of gratitude goes a very long way to reinstalling your happy hormones.
4. Write a list of things you really truly feel are bringing you down in this life, regardless of your best efforts. Start thinking of practical and baby-step ways to change them for the better. You will be amazed at how really simple things can make a big difference.
5. Whistle while you work… As Snow White taught us many years ago, a little bit of upbeat music and positive thinking can turn a whole day around and get any jobs done far less painfully. Apply this logic to everything that irks you.
I am big believer that if you want something, just decide that it is… for example… you want to like your life. Just like it. Simple. It won’t take long for that positive effect to make a real impact that’s not just in your head. Although, let’s face it, happiness is all in your head anyway. You are in charge of it.
Go forth and LIKE YOUR LIFE Ladies!
Pass It On.