10 THINGS I LEARNED IN 10 YEARS OF MARRIAGE
1. You WILL go to sleep on an argument sometimes, and that’s really ok, as long as you see the fresh start in each new day.
2. Agreement is over-rated, your differences are important – they are the ying to your yang.
3. You built a castle when you said ‘I do’, be careful who you let in the grounds.
4. Remember the person you fell in love with, the way they made you feel. Keep that vision alive, it’s where your story began.
5. You can never talk enough, about EVERYTHING. Make sure it’s not always ‘admin’ chat, remember the real stuff too.
6. LISTEN, really listen. The day you stop is the day things start to slide.
7. Stay up late doing the above two points every now and again, like you used to in the beginning – when morning came too soon and you couldn’t get enough.
8. Don’t let your need to be ‘right’ ruin a single day. Choose your battles, let stuff go. Time is too precious.
9. If you make your commitment to each other bigger than your struggles, your differences and your challenges – you will always be ok.
10. Don’t miss the real stuff looking for the fake stuff – romance is not in the grand gestures – it’s in the cups of coffee laid on the bed stand, the hand on your back during a hard phone call, the texts to keep you going during a difficult day, the listening to your dreams, the belief in your abilities, the support when things go wrong.
If you have that you have enough, more than enough.