1. You have the ability to make your children feel totally and utterly safe. There will never be another to replicate that.
2. You may feel like nothing you do is ever good enough but actually, you are teaching your child so much with the passing of every single day – just by loving them the way you do.
3. If you are blessed with little girls it’s up to you to show her how a man should behave so that she doesn’t choose wrongly.
4. If you are blessed with little boys, it’s your template they will follow. Show them how to cry, how to feel and how to love. The macho stuff comes more easily.
5. Check in with the mother of your child at the end of every day and make sure she feels your support. If she is strong, your world is safe. If she is weary it’s you who can restore her.
6. We may well scold you for being unsafe but when we see you throwing your child in the air, the shrieks and giggles warms our heart from the inside out.
7. Nothing beats watching you sleep cuddled up with your child.
8. Laying our heads on your chest is our happy place and sharing it with our children is the most wonderful feeling in the world.
9. You are not perfect, none of us are. Teach your children that this is okay.
10. Take the picture. You may not see the importance now, but one day those photos will be all your children have left and they will treasure them more than anything. Take the picture of all the everyday moments your woman and your children have together no matter how mediocre. There’s unseen and unremembered beauty in those instances.
− Donna Ashworth