10 THINGS EVERY MAN SHOULD KNOW
1. We love you, whether we are hormonal or needy, shouty or weepy, whether we want affection or can’t bear to be touched, we still love you.
2. We want you to listen, actually listen sometimes. Solutions are not required. Just your attention and your support. We don’t always need the problem fixing we just want to talk it out.
3. We pretend we hate it when you tell us our bum looks great but never EVER stop doing it – we love it.
4. There is a place on your body that we fit into perfectly and makes us feel safe – it’s just between your arm and the middle of your chest and laying our head there is everything.
5. We know it’s impossible to answer the question ”which dress looks better’ or ‘does my bum look big in this’ but it’s got to be done. It’s in our make-up. Try and say something positive and relevant – like you’ve actually looked.
6. Yes there are a few days (ahem) each month where it’s impossible to understand us but try seeing it from our side. Hormones are an emotional rollercoaster – imagine someone is playing puppet master in your brain and making it up as they go along…we don’t understand ourselves either.
7. Never, ever forget how blessed a man is to have a woman who loves him. I am your Queen, you are my King – don’t ever be tempted to rock this kingdom we built. It’s solid and real, everything else is a folly.
8. We don’t need you, we want you. It’s very different.
9. A six pack and perfect body is all very well and good but nobody wants a man who spends too long getting ready and cares too much about how he looks. We love every bit of you, even the extra bits. You’re all man to us.
10. It’s okay to cry. It’s great to cry. It’s not a weakness and we will never see it as one. We got you, you can lean on us sometimes that’s what it’s all about. Let us take the lead every now and again, we know where we are going…
Oh and beards – keep em short…yes we said we didn’t want chips then we ate yours – deal with it.
And absolutely we do need that many pairs of shoes.