Too good not to share ladies…have you left it too late or are you simply uninspired by everything in the shops and online this Mother’s Day?
All is not lost…skincare Guru Liz Earle showed us some fabulous, all-natural homemade beauty ideas on This Morning today… I am loving them all but this one is my favourite! Perfect for that gift with a little touch of something extra to show your Mum you care….
ROSE PETAL MILK BATH
If it’s good enough for Cleopatra it’s good enough for your Mum! Apparently, according to Liz, bathing in milk has a very softening and soothing effect and combined with some essential oils it can also be relaxing and refreshing as well as downright lovely! You can make this gift look as pretty as you dream with ribbons and tags etc. A lovely personalised product!
- 300G MILK POWDER
- 10 TBSP DRIED ROSE PETALS (available online or in some supermarkets/flower shops)
- 10 DROPS ROSE ESSENTIAL OIL
- 10 DROPS GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL
- Place the rose petals into a large bowl or measuring jug and sprinkle with the essential oils. Mix with a spoon so they are well covered.
- Add in the milk powder and stir well until the rose petals are evenly distributed – use your hands if easier.
- Carefully pour into a clean jar, seal and decorate.
- To enjoy your milk bath, simply sprinkle a teacupful once the bath water has run and stir in – the smell is amazing! Soak for 5-10 minutes to enjoy the skin-softening benefits.
Here are a couple more fab variations on the above recipe adding in oatmeal, coconut and lavender. They all look gorgeous and would make such a sweet gift for any Mum. Click on your favourite and head over for the recipe! be sure to leave some love on their page too!
OATMEAL MILK BATH
LAVENDER MILK BATH
COCONUT MILK & LAVENDER